The lenses or eyeglass lenses of our Ray-Bans are the part which are prone to damage and it is where it is most noticeable in our glasses. In addition to causing a continuous discomfort to our vision, it is also very unsightly when looking at a person wearing glasses with very damaged lenses. Today at ReplacementLenses.net, we show you how to change the lenses or eyeglass lenses of your Ray-Bans.
Changing the lenses of your Ray-Bans:
- First, in order to change the lenses or eyeglass lenses of your Ray-Bans a precision screwdriver and if possible a pair of tweezers (Picking up tiny screws using your hands can be very cumbersome) is required.
- There are generally two screws in metal frames. One for the lenses and another for the temples. Place the frames face down on a flat soft surface, and use the screwdriver to remove the lens screws. In the Aviator or Round models, the temple screws must also be slightly loosened.
- Once our screws have been removed, it’s best to leave them leave in a safe place so that they do not roll away and then adjust the new lens or eyeglass lens.
- Tighten our screw or screws.
- And voilà!Our lens is changed!
- First, to change the lenses or crystals of your Ray-Ban it is necessary to heat a bowl of water.
- The acetate frames are malleable at high temperatures, so we introduce the part where the lenses are in the bowl.
- We leave it 10 seconds inside and when we see that the mount is hot, we press with the thumbs in the center of the lens towards the outside. We always put under a chamois to not break or deteriorate the lenses.
- To replace with the new lens, insert the frame again in hot water. And now we do the maneuver on the contrary. We introduce the upper part first and adjust by the lower part.
- With a bit of skill and pressure we already have our lens inside the bezel!
It’s simple, but there can always be something that is not a special mechanism. If you have any questions, you know, you can contact us and help.