Who does not know the mythical Ray-Ban RB2140 Wayfarer glasses? It is the classic among the classics, timeless as alone. We find it in all kinds of movies and all kinds of celebrities carry it. That’s why today we teach you how to change Ray-Ban 2140 Wayfarer lenses.
With the use and by an accidental fall, the original lenses of the RB2140 model can break or crack, it is because these lenses are made of glass. For this reason and for the difficulty of extracting and introducing these lenses of this model, we are going to teach you our tricks to do it in a homemade and fast way.
I would like to clarify that changing the lenses of this model is the same or very similar to doing other Ray-Ban acetate, paste or plastic models such as the RB2132 New Wayfarer, RB4340 Wayfarer, RB2180 and RB4068.
To install Ray-Ban 2140 Wayfarer lenses we need to heat the frame. The way to heat it chosen is hot water at about 40º, we can also use a hair dryer but we have to take into account that if we heat too much we can remove the brightness of the mount and we can spoil it. Something that without experience we do not recommend.
Next we will explain how to do it:
- We fill a bowl of water at about 40º.
- We introduce the front of the glasses.
- We wait a little for the mount to warm up. Why heat the frame? Acetate is a material that can be handled when heated and can be shaped. By heating it a little we can remove the lenses much easier.
4. Push with your thumbs with caution (the lenses are made of glass), bend the bridge frame a little (very carefully) and with a little bit of skill the lenses will come out.
5. To insert them back into the frame we do the reverse operation. Once heated in our bowl, from the top-nasal we introduce the lenses through the front and press with the thumbs.
6. We have already changed the lenses of the Ray-Ban 2140 Wayfarer model.